Join CBC Today!
Although membership to CBC is required to take part in our structured lessons,
access to our boats is completely FREE for adults after attaining a CBC Skipper
> Youth Lessons
> Adult Lessons
> Frequently Asked Questions
Adult Membership Benefits
- Eligibility for lessons or challenge
- FREE dinghy sailing, 5/30 10/08
- FREE kayaking + RiverRomp!
- FREE guests & family as crew
- Discount function room rental
- No upkeep, storage, or rental fees!
2017 Membership Pricing
- Youth, $25
- Trial/Guest, $75 (1 day sail/kayak)
- Adult Individual, $195*
- Family, $375*
- Group, 10% off 10-20, 20% off >20
- Corporate, $2,500 (3 yr. pledge, <30)
- Providence residents: -$10
- Students (age 16-23): -$20
- Seniors (age 65+): -$20
- Needs based youth scholarships
2017 Application Downloads
Application Pkg. (2 MB)
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view .pdf files.
Acrobat Reader is free, and freely distributable software that lets you
view and print Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf) files on all major computer
All application materials are available via mail. Contact us for your copy
CBC offers a variety of sailing lessons that allow our members to experience
the beauty and challenge of sailing in upper Narragansett Bay. Although membership
to CBC is required to take part in our structured lessons, access to our boats
is completely FREE for adults after passing a class or check-out test. "Sailorships"
are available for youth who meet eligibility requirements.
Qualified adult members (upon lesson completion or check-out test) may sail
or paddle during open boating hours subject to weather and equipment availability.
- CBC is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to making sailing affordable and
- CBC offers affordable access to sailing/paddling through flexible membership programs.
- All CBC memberships are valid for one full season.
2017 Youth After-School Sailing
- Spring After- School Sailing Season runs from
4/17 - 5/26.
- Fall After-School Sailing Season runs from 9/11 - 10/20.
2017 Youth Summer Sailing Camp
2017 Adult Lesson Season
- Adult Summer Lesson Season runs from 5/15 -
- Experienced adults may take a checkout test to qualify to sail
or paddle our boats.
- Qualified adults (& guests) may sail/paddle during open boating
at no additional cost.
- Adult open (recreational) sailing and paddling runs everyday from 5/30 - 10/08, 1 -
- All open boating hours are subject to change due to weather, availability,