Sail All Season!
CBC sailing lessons allow your child to learn an exciting new sport, advance his/her skill level, meet new kids, or just experience the fun and learning opportunities that only sailing has to offer — all season long!
Non-sailors may ask, “why sailing?” when Providence already has organizations that offer a variety of youth sports and recreational programs. There are few (if any) activities that teach so many important virtues and lessons about life the way sailing does: cause and effect, problem-solving, science and technology, teamwork, and much more.
Choose the Session(s) Right for Your Child
Although membership to CBC is required to take lessons, our multiple sessions make it easy to create a custom, progressive learning schedule, or mesh with your summer vacation plans. Youth lessons are offered in four (4) Summer Camp sessions and four (4) After-School sessions. CBC’s flexible and affordable format allows you to start building your child’s lesson plan today — for a season to remember.
CBC Youth Sailing Memberships allow youth members to take sailing lessons and/or participate in supervised youth sailing events. Have your parent or guardian fill out the application forms. There is a fee for membership and classes. You must also provide proof of swimming ability by attaching a written copy from a qualified* source to your application. Youth applicants may qualify for a special “Sailorship” for reduced tuition. Contact CBC for details.
Youth Membership Benefits
- Eligibility to enroll in structured sailing lessons
- FREE use of Optis, 14’ RS Quests, Hunter 140s, Hobie Wave catamarans, Laser Picos, & kayaks, in supervised events
- Discount function room rental for sailing birthday parties or events
- No boat purchase, maintenance, storage, upkeep, or rental fees
Qualified* Proof of Youth Swimming Ability
- Boy/ Girl Scout Swimming Merit Badge
- YMCA/ YWCA Card: Level Five (or above)
- Red Cross Card: Level Five (or above)
- Letter from Lifeguard on pool letterhead certifying that he/she saw child swim 50 yards
*Sorry, we cannot accept handwritten notes on letterhead or notes written by a parent/ guardian.
Youth — $25 – REGISTER NOW!
1 youth age 8-15
Group — $TBD
10% off group of 10-20. 20% for 20 or more. (classes separate, single payment required)
*Students 18 and older are eligible for adult open sailing privileges. See Adult Membership section for complete details.