Adult Membership Basics
CBC Sailing Memberships allow members to take sailing lessons and/or allow adult members to participate in open boating upon completion of lessons or a simple checkout test.
- Eligibility to enroll in structured sailing lessons
- FREE weekday recreational sailing & kayaking, 6/06* — 10/11, 4:00 — 7:00 PM
- FREE weekend recreational sailing kayaking, 6/06* — 10/11, 1:00 — 7:00 PM
- FREE use of 14’ RS Quests, Hobie Wave catamarans, Laser Picos, & more
- FREE family guests as crew
- NEW – Paddleboard rentals
- No boat purchase, maintenance, storage, upkeep, or rental fees
*Pending Reopening RI Phase II approval and opening of Providence Parks parking areas.
We are currently accepting applications for our adult memberships.
There has never been a more important time to offer healthy, outdoor activities to relieve stress, socialize, and provide much-needed fun, learning structure and exercise. Sailing and paddling are inherently social-distancing. Enhanced with new rules and procedures based upon best practices, we look forward to opening as soon as possible under the guidance and approval of our greatly appreciated state and local leadership.
NEW – Please Bring:
– Good Health – Do not come if you are sick: COVID-19 Screening Tool
– Lifejacket (limited, assigned PFDs available): West Marine, MTI Lifejackets
– Backpack or duffel (labeled with name)
– Cloth face mask (worn at drop-off/pick-up and restroom use): Sailing neck gaiters
– Hand sanitizer
– Water bottle (filled with water)
– Sunscreen (not to be shared)
– Closed-toe shoes (no bare feet or flip-flops)
Our evolving plan includes but is not limited to: Using single-handed (one-person) boats, health screenings and hand washing, cloth masks, regular disinfection of all surfaces, six-foot distancing, maximizing time outdoors, restricting mixing of groups and visitors, limiting sharing of materials and disinfecting them in between use, and small cohorts of students engaged in staggered, engaging outdoor activities. View our COVID-19 Control Plan.
Please share our many healthy, summer outdoor sailing and paddling membership and lesson opportunities with your friends, neighbors, and colleagues looking to get outside, have fun, and enjoy an Ocean State adventure right in your own backyard.
Recreational Sailing Benefits
- One low price, unlimited use, family guests FREE – what are you waiting for?
- Newbies can sign-up for lessons. Old salts can take a challenge test
- Adults (age 18+) may sail alone or with family (age 5+)
- On-the water: 14’ RS Quests, Laser Picos, more…
- Prerequisite: Beginner Sailing I or Challenge Test, Age 18+
- Goal: Affordable recreational sailing
- Fee: No boat rental fees
Recreational Kayaking Benefits
The simplicity of kayaking as an entry-level sport for anyone makes it attractive to get outside, get moving, and embrace a healthy lifestyle. FREE recreational kayaking is included with adult memberships! Paddle one day as a trial/guest member, or all season, + 1 FREE guest!
- We want you to paddle with a friend, so you get up to 2 kayaks/ trip
- On-the water: Sit-on-top single & double kayaks (doubles for family members)
- Prerequisite: Challenge Test, Age 18+
- Goal: Affordable recreational paddling
- Fee: No boat rental fees
Trial/Guest— $75 – ENROLL NOW!
1 -day sailing, or up to 2 kayaks/day
Individual — $195* – ENROLL NOW!
1 adult. (Bring your family guests recreational sailing or kayaking with you for FREE)
Prefer paper? Download our application package
Group — $TBD
10% off group of 10-20. 20% for 20 or more. (classes separate, single payment required)
Corporate — $1,500 yr.
3-yr. commitment, less than 30 employees
*Discounts — $TBD
Providence residents: – $10 (with paper form and proof of residence)
Students: – $20 (full time, age 16-23)
CBC also provides affordable access and fleet rentals to local schools and organizations, and offers function room rental with spectacular waterfront views for meetings, parties, or events.
All members must pass an on the water skills test to sail or paddle each type of boat* you wish to sail. Students will be evaluated in class.
- On-the water, boat of your choice (*excluding keelboats)
- Prerequisite: CBC trial membership, Proficiency (pre-screening evaluation given)
- Course goal: Quick check-out for experienced sailors
- Course fee: FREE quick check-out for experienced boaters
CHG, 5/26 – 10/11, weekends, 1:30, 3:30, & 5:30 PM